I landed on the wrong planet

The bell chimed as he walked in for the second time. "Hey! It's been a while," said the man at the bar. "I need a drink," said he as he shook his head, trying to dispel the uncomfortable truth repeatedly spanking him sensuously. And that is how we find our hero, sipping something muddy on another planet.

Name:
Location: Yaadhum Oore. Yaavarum Kelir

I am a bad imitation of don Quixote.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Renaissance

"That is basic human tendency, man! You can't expect people to change it!" "All that may be good for songs and stories. But practically....?" "Yeah yeah. I am pretty sure you don't practice it yourself." "Dude! You are fighting Darwin's theory! Survival of the fittest, man!"

People are rushing. They start rushing when the red shows some sign of morphing into amber. They rush with their horns beeping - like migrating wildebeests. They rush out of the elevator, trying to squeeze their slimy skins out of the just-open doors before the other guy. And they are rushing towards extinction - glorifying it as evolution.

Human tendency is just another name we give to the fences and the walls we place around ourselves. Survival of the fittest? Children crying their hearts out because they haven't been selected to the next round of 'India's next biggest singer - brought to you by Pepsi!'; Young girls trying to desperately seduce a guy and not be dumped by him to win the big prize in 'MTV Splitsvilla' - this, apparently, is survival of the fittest. How long are you going to eat money before you realize that you are eating your own tail?

I can hear the boos from the crowd now. I can hear them calling me a hypocrite. A bundle of contradictions. And if at all I pray, I pray for a cleansing of my thought. I am aware of my fallacies - I am aware of my continual dependence on materials.

சிந்தை தெளிவாக்கு, அல்லால் இதை செத்த வுடலாக்கு.

All you ever needed to know - you already do. The basic truth has been set but convoluted by neo-religion and corporate greed.

The fittest are those that can love. Unconditionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home