I landed on the wrong planet

The bell chimed as he walked in for the second time. "Hey! It's been a while," said the man at the bar. "I need a drink," said he as he shook his head, trying to dispel the uncomfortable truth repeatedly spanking him sensuously. And that is how we find our hero, sipping something muddy on another planet.

Name:
Location: Yaadhum Oore. Yaavarum Kelir

I am a bad imitation of don Quixote.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

She

The pattern on the table looked like a bunch of dead lights on some forgotten spaceship in some crappy science fiction movie. A bunch of women were humming in a hollow way from the stereo - deep space or deep sea? The cars on the road were throwing curious lights on the road - a halogen siesta. And of course, those darn sodium vapour lamps were there too.

I observed the stream of conciousness that was escaping my brain faster than a roadrunner. Nonsense, basically. Spaceships and exploding stars and a lot of humming.

Conversations. I was deprived of them. I was undertaking a mini-vipasana - no talking. I am a listener. I listen to stories from enthusiastic lips. But the only lips that evening were that of a stray cat's.

"So, what do you think of spaceships?" she asked me with those dark eyes of hers, watching me from across the mocha fumes.

"We need more of them. I want something to remind me that it's NOT a small world," I replied.

"But don't you think that their absence proves that it is a huge, huge world?"

She had a point there. Can't help losing myself in your eyes - she was singing along with the stereo.

"Yes. They are huge. And deep," I said with a stupid grin. She feigned innocence. You're my shooting star! Why was I even singing this?

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" she asked.

"Of course not! I am just pulling you in. Urging you to teach me."

"Teach you what?"

"About socks and their cosmic significance."

"Oh no! You are no way close to that kind of evolution. I would have to start from butterfly effect and chaos theory."

"I am listening," said I.

"Meow," said the cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home