I landed on the wrong planet

The bell chimed as he walked in for the second time. "Hey! It's been a while," said the man at the bar. "I need a drink," said he as he shook his head, trying to dispel the uncomfortable truth repeatedly spanking him sensuously. And that is how we find our hero, sipping something muddy on another planet.

Name:
Location: Yaadhum Oore. Yaavarum Kelir

I am a bad imitation of don Quixote.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Hyderabadulu....blogulu

Yay....Hyderabadulu...I am here finally. After the days of uncertainty, I am finally here. After a horrendous train journey that almost raped me, I am here at last. And what do I make of this city? Erm......IT'S TOO DAMN HOT!

It was hell in the train, sizzling in the railway station, fried in the car, roasted on the road, and half-dead by the time I reach the AC room.

We plan the most unlikeliest vacations ever. Earlier we used to go to Chennai for the summer. Well, there was lots of summer over there, I tell you. now, we have come to hyderabad. Thank god there is a different excuse for us landing here.

This place is vibrant, colorful and teaming with life. We stay at a place where only the upper echelons of hyderabadi society roam about in their imported cars. But once we come out, it's a whole new world. The perpetual din of a million people talking permeates everything. There is just enough space on the superbly built roads for our Maruti Zen to get through. The pavements are over-flowing and they encroach the streets.

Bright turbans, black veils, tailor-made suits, sickly fair foreigners in knee-length trousers and the ever-present mineral water bottle, little kids who reach only just upto my knee sipping kulfi, college kids - the fashion pioneers of hyderabad - tasting the world famous hyderabadi biriyani and smoking near the Charminar....this is what the city is all about.

And of course, when night falls, we have no intentions of sticking around observing normal life. We come back to our stronghold and visit the pubs of hyderabad. seen one, seen 'em all. Bangalore, Hyderabad, Madras, Coimbatore.....they are all the same when it comes to pubs. Guess we have found true integrity in diversity after all.

And i have picked up some telugu too. Nu anthe, naaku chaala ishtam. I love u all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home