I landed on the wrong planet

The bell chimed as he walked in for the second time. "Hey! It's been a while," said the man at the bar. "I need a drink," said he as he shook his head, trying to dispel the uncomfortable truth repeatedly spanking him sensuously. And that is how we find our hero, sipping something muddy on another planet.

Name:
Location: Yaadhum Oore. Yaavarum Kelir

I am a bad imitation of don Quixote.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Wanted - Me!

Tomorrow's the big day. A day to change all days. A new phase in my life. A turning point. A - Alright, alright, I will get down to it. Tomorrow is my first day at work.

I am supposed to report tomorrow at the Head Office, Wipro Technologies. Yessir, that's my new address. And I have arrived here in bengalooru!

One amazing thing about starting work is that one feels so wanted. I had the chance to travel from Chennai to Bangalore by the Shathabdi Express. And let me tell you, there's no better way to travel. Normally, I wouldn't have taken the train. But the appointment letter clearly spelt it out, "The joinee is entitled to a 2nd class AC travel fare from his place of residence to the place of posting".

And sitting in that train, enjoying the benefits of Southern Railways' Catering at its best, I felt on top of the world. I may sound like a yokel but it was amazing. Not the comforts. I have experienced them earlier. It's the fact that I am worth this. It's the fact that there are people out there who are willing to pay for my ticket to get me across 300 km just so I can work for them. This feels good!

And so, people, a glorious chapter is about to start (i think) in my life. And I am sure I have all your love and wishes. Thanks a lot. And in case I don't have them, I shall choose to neglect that fact. Ignorance is bliss :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home